Annual meeting of May 25, 2019
The Chesapeake Shores Homeowners Association had its annual meeting on May 25, 2019, at 10:30 at the Norris Annex. A quorum of the homeowners and association members was present. The following information was discussed.
- There has been no HOA business in the last six months.
- The website is still up. (You're on it now!)
- There are 35 paid members. Usually we have 38.
- The financials look good. They can be found here.
- Janet Perlowski audited last year's account. The secretary has a letter from her to Sonny noting that all is good with the books.
- Ditches got dug out, the speedbumps got painted, all looks good.
Drew and Jack were reelected to the board. Steve Nuckolls was elected to the vacant seat. All of these were by acclimation largely due to the fact that nobody else wants the job.
Pritchett Road Report
- The drainage pipe replacement project has been successfully completed.
- We couldn't find a contractor who would pave over that small section, so it will remain with gravel.
Drew reported on the breakwaters. The northern breakwater is being extended. Much sand is being added. Hopefully this will be it for a while.
- We welcomed our new neighbors, Sarah and Greg Benning, who are in 220 Chesapeake Shore Road.
- Dues for 2020 will remain at $125 per year.
- Our neighbor Billy Garrahan, who is a Mathews County deputy sheriff, volunteered to allow us to call him if we see people on the beach who should not be here. He will deal with them. Joe will send his cell number to the members by email.
- We had a great turnout for the meeting. In future years, we will leave it on Memorial Day weekend.